An important reminder that the universe has three spatial dimensions and is best appreciated with all three engaged*.
*engage fourth as needed for EXTREME MODE
This man, he is the man I aspire to be.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
ARMOR CLAD WOMEN,DAMMIT.
As part of an advertising campaign for the Schusev State Museum of Architecture in Moscow, Saatchi & Saatchi Russia put together a creative team to assemble the deep, labyrinthine roots of some iconic buildings; the shoulders of giants that all current architecture stands atop of. You can see many more WIP shots over at Design You Trust
This… this as an architectural major is making me drool….
sometimes it’s even harder to stop crying when you’re really happy
it’s ok though
when you’re happy even your ugliest crying face is beautiful :’)
Stages of Deterioration in the Human Body
The Moment Of Death:
1. The heart stops.
2. The skin gets tight and ashen in color.
3. All the muscles relax.
4. The bladder and bowels empty.
5. The body temperature begins to drop 1 1/2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
After 30 minutes:
6. The skin gets purple and waxy.
7. The lips, fingernails, and toenails fade to a pale color.
8. Blood pools at the bottom of the body.
9. The hands and feet turn blue.
10. The eyes sink into the skull.
After 4 hours:
11. Rigor mortis has set in.
12. The purpling of the skin and the pooling of the blood continue.
13. Rigor continues to tighten muscles for another 24 hours or so.
After 12 hours:
14. The body is in full rigor mortis.
After 24 hours:
15. The body is now the temperature of the surrounding environment.
16. In males, the semen dies.
17. The head and neck are now a greenish-blue color.
18. The greenish-blue color spreads to the rest of the body.
19. There is a pervasive smell of rotting meat.
After 3 days:
20. The gas in the body tissues forms large blisters on the skin.
21. The whole body begins to bloat and swell grotesquely.
22. Fluids leak from the mouth, nose, vagina, and rectum.
After 3 weeks:
23. The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can easily be pulled off the corpse.
24. The skin bursts open on many places on the body.
25. Decomposition will continue until the body is nothing but skelital remains, a process that can take a month or so in hot climates, and two months or more in cold climates.
This is actually pretty interesting.
Important for writers…helps avoid either walking in and knowing someone died moments ago “from the smell” (unless that smell is piss and shit), or finding someone dead for a week that “looks like they’re sleeping.”
FINISHED. Either I’m really slow, or maybe I’m just inexperienced with really clean lines etc, but this project/series took almost 24 complete hours.
To be fuckin’ fair, like, 1-2 hours alone were probably dedicated to layer shifting, pft.
BUT YEAH, this is a series I did to be made into stickers for Fanime! The stickers will be part of a raffle, hope you guys like ‘em.
A gallery of ceramic sculpture. It’s rare to feel as if an animal can possess you — inhabit your body, mind and spirit as if it were a new lover exploring all your real and artificial selves. Dress your dogs and cats with as many sweater vests, booties and hats as you want; they’ll never come close to the hybrid human qualities that seductively inhabit the work of Beth Cavener Stichter. This might be, in part, because she views her stone sculptures as portraits — of people she has met briefly in passing or good friends or family. She doubles the uncanny moment by acknowledging that these creatures are self-portraits as well, since the very act of interpreting another’s actions, facial expressions, and intentions says — and betrays — much more about our own fears and desires than the other person. We rarely acknowledge or intellectually wrestle with this flash-fiction judgment that we impose onto friends and strangers alike.